Whatever your engineering passion, this exciting summer program gives you the opportunity to earn academic credit by conducting your own, independent research in your chosen field. You’ll work under the guidance of one of Ireland’s leading engineering schools: University of Limerick, home to the innovative Bernal Institute which focuses on the thematic areas such as Advanced Materials, Manufacturing and Process Engineering, and Fluid Dynamics.
The School of Engineering is research-driven, covering the full spectrum from blue sky fundamentals through to new start-up company research. You will work in state-of-art facilities with researchers who have a strong track record of translating their knowledge and expertise into solutions for both academic and industrial challenges.
Other multi-disciplinary research centers involved with the School are the Irish Centre for Composites (ICOMP); Centre for Applied Biomedical Engineering Research (CABER); Automation Research Centre (ARC); and Enterprise Engineering Research Group.
- This program can fit with your academic schedule at home, keeping you on-track for graduation.
- This unique, international experience of independent research will ensure your resume stands out with both employers and graduate schools.
- You’ll enjoy all the benefits of study in the west of Ireland in a location known for its friendly atmosphere, scenic beauty and academic rigor.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.